Basic Diploma in Telecommunication and RFID Technologies
Engineering Degree in Electronics/Electrical/ Electronics & Communications/ Instrumentation/ Computer Science & Engineering /Computer Engineering/M.Sc. (Electronics), MCA OR Degree/ Diploma in Electronics. Final year students looking for Industrial Training can also apply.
Course Fees :Rs. 40,000/-
Course Duration: 23 Weeks
Detailed Syllabus with Duration :
- TELECOMMUNICATION CONCEPTS: 4 Weeks
Communication Fundamentals and Digital Communication Fundamentals covering telecom networks, switching, signaling, Modulation Techniques, definition of RF, RF wave characteristics. Communication Interfaces such as RS 232, RS 485, USB, RJ 11, RJ 45, Bluetooth and Infrared and Introduction to programming skills in C & VB.
TELEPHONE AND VOICE SWITCHED NETWORKS: 2 Weeks
Structure and working of a basic phone (Push Button and DTMF), CLI and Troubleshooting of phone.
- Voice Switches(EPABX): Classification of exchanges, Configuration, Architecture an Exchange Analogue and Digital, SDM,TDM, SLIC, Power Supply, C.O Line Interface, CPU , C-DOT Exchanges.
- Fax Machine:Introduction to various working and operational Techniques, Main Board, Network Controller, Power Supply, Assembly, Disassembly, Features, Troubleshooting FAX/MODEM.
- TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGIES:TRANSMISSION TECHNOLOGIES
- MOBILE AND WIRELESS COMMUNICATION: 2 Weeks
- Cordless Telephony: Introduction to Wireless Communication, Case study 46 MHz Cordless Telephony.CT1, CT2, DSSS and FHSS Spread Spectrum Case Study of 2.4 GHz Cordless Telephony.
- Cellular Telephony:Architecture of GSM and CDMA Network, GSM Channels, Radio Interface, Air Interface. System Architecture and Essential Components. Principle of Operation.
- Mobile Handsets:Structure of GSM and CDMA Phone, Working, Software diagnostics, Infrared, Bluetooth enabled handsets, Bluetooth and GPRS enable handsets. Introduction to 3G Technologies: GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, CDMA 2000.
- MOBILE SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT : 2 Weeks
Introduction to C++, Symbian basics, S60 basics, SIP API, S60 Platform development, Symbian OS Overview , Interaction Design for Symbian OS, Symbian OS Essentials . Training on software development tools including S60 SDK.
- RADIO FREQUENCY IDENTIFICATION TECHNOLOGY : 3 Weeks
Introduction, Classification, Architecture, Principle of Operation, Standards of RFID Systems, Specifications & Types of Tags & Readers. Case Study, Applications. Hands on experience on the Tags and Readers, Development of Middleware based on VB for different application.
- BROADBAND COMMUNICATION (Voice Based) : 4 Weeks
- VoIP: VoIP Fundamentals , VoIP Protocols, H.323, SIP, MGCP & Megaco, VoIP, Architectures, Performance and QOS, Multimedia over IP, VoIP - The Business Picture Implementation and Configuration of VoIP using Gateways and IP Phones, Case Studies.
- ISDN:Structure, PRI, BRI, Interfaces and Call Processing, Features.
- PROJECT WORK: 6 Weeks
A development project in the above domain areas would be taken up using the development tools VB, C, Symbian and VoIP.