Automated Traction Unit
Several conditions of neck and lumbar region require therapeutic application of controlled force. The available equipment for application of this traction force can range from simple rope slung or the door, through knob adjusted pneumatic unit to electronic traction machines.
Going a step ahead; this project, design and development of "Automated Traction Unit", sanctioned by Ministry of Communication and IT, Govt. of India, envisages better control of traction force and some unique features to facilitate the therapy. The unit under development shall enable programmable delivery of accurate force to the patient without much supervision. The treatment details and data would be available for storage or transfer to the doctor across the Globe via Telemedicine. This shall enable better control and monitoring by the physician. Real time EMG display shall add a new dimension in monitoring of the treatment.
- Microcontroller based automated traction unit.
- Wide range of precisely controlled traction force.
- Suitable for both lumbar and cervical traction.
- Programmable treatment regimen.
- PC based easy user friendly interface.
- Patient data storage facility.
- EMG biofeedback for real time monitoring.
- Telemedicine compatibility.
- Emergency release switch provided to the patient.