Through the development of Sarthi-2, an effort has been made to enhance the literacy rate in India. It would act an aid in adult literacy programs, regularly conducted by the National Literacy Mission of India. This system is based on the teaching methodology suggested by the Regional Resource Centre, Punjab University, Chandigarh, and their Hindi primer "Nayayug-1". The use of this system is very easy and can be operated by any person.
Audio-Visual AID for teaching Indian languages for adult literacy programs.
- Has both Video and Audio facility
- Displays the right way of text formation
- Teaches the correct pronunciation of Hindi characters
- Pictures for better understanding
- TV/Video out of Sarthi-2, the teaching aid is to be connected to the Antenna of the TV through the co-axial cable provided.
- When Sarthi-2 is to be operated on AC mains:
- Power on switch of the teaching aid is to be connected to the main supply.
- Power on switch of the TV is to be connected to the mains.
- Switch on to the mains supply
- When it is to be operated on battery mode:
- Connect the battery socket of the system to the backup provided.
- Also connect TV to the other socket provided in the same back-up
- Switch on to the back-up
- A red LED on indicates the teaching aid is on.
- A volume control knob at the front can be used to increase or decrease the volume.