Swasthyabaadi (also known as eHealth Portal) is an innovative initiative of C-DAC Mohali which fulfils the health information requirements of common public and the specialists.
“Swasthyabaadi” is a knowledgeable service provider in the field of Health care and ICT. It provides information about various diseases, symptoms, test, procedures drugs and supplements. This portal will educate people about the pattern of various common diseases those are lethal in nature. The concept of Swasthyabaadi is fast catching-up in rural areas of country where people from any part of India could get knowledge on medical treatment.
Swasthyabaadi is a platform independent, browser-based application facilitating common public about disease, drugs, supplements etc. It has been developed on PHP 5 with MY SQL 5.1 as the database. It has a user friendly Graphical User Interface. It provides the ease of accessing the health information at one point.
Features of Health Portal
- Multilingual base: Swasthyabaadi is one of the multi language web portal that provides healthcare related information. Its aim is to provide online health information to users particularly targeting rural population. It has been made available in three languages namely: English, Hindi and Punjabi.
- Multi Speciality: The health portal will come up with 15 specialities i.e. Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Cardiology, Pathology, Surgery, Paediatrics, Diabetes, Dermatology, Nephrology, Psychiatry, Urology, Oncology, ENT, Orthopaedic Surgery and Orthodontics. Currently Ophthalmology & Gynaecology modules are functional and other modules are being developed.
- Optimized Search Engine: It allows user to search specialities using three ways i.e. Symptom, Pictorial and Alphabetical base.
- Latest Medical News: It gets associated with different journals to publish online the latest medical news related to different specialities of our health portal. It helps the users to be updated on different recent developments.
- 3D and other videos: This health portal has uploaded different 3D animated videos to have a better visual understanding of the specializations as visual is better medium of understanding than textual. Expert based videos are also uploaded to provide detailed information.
- Health Calculators: Different health calculators such as BMI Calculator, due date Calculator etc. are incorporated in the Swasthyabaadi to provide quick and faster solutions to one’s personal health needs and fitness requirements. It helps to bring the required changes in one’s fitness, suitable exercises and nutritional habits to improve health.
- Test and Procedure: This portal provides information on different tests and procedures which one should go if symptoms are related to him. Swasthybaadi covers both common and specific tests and procedures under different conditions.
- Drugs: In this part, the information relating to different drugs under different conditions and various beneficiary supplements has been covered.
- Symptoms: This portal covers wide range of symptoms which helps the users to identify the disease.
- Treatment: On the basis of symptoms and tests and procedures, this portal suggests the suitable treatment one should undergo.
- Slideshows: This portal provides various Image Slideshows with its description for a better understanding.
- Health Dictionary: A Comprehensive Online Medical Dictionary and glossary with medical definitions has been provided.
The health portal will cover 15 specialities i.e. Ophthalmology, Gynaecology, Cardiology, Pathology, Orthodontics, Surgery, Paediatrics, Diabetes, Dermatology, Nephrology, Psychiatry, Urology, Oncology, ENT, Orthopaedic Surgery. Currently Ophthalmology & Gynaecology modules are functional.
Usage of the application
- It is a single window access to comprehensive, accurate, and reliable and one stop source of health information.
- It will provide all the information concerning disease falling under 15 specialties modules.
- Multilingual support to cater wider area and population especially for rural benefits.
- It provides information in Pictorial, Video, graphics, 3D, multimedia view.
- It provides vital information about tests and procedures.
- For a specific disease and clinical, alternative and natural treatment search of disease through name, body part diagram and symptoms.