Online banking has become second nature for people around. The primary reason behind this is the accessibility and the overall ease of use. The same is applicable for the State Bank of Travancore, which is also another public sector bank of India. The bank is headquartered in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala and is affiliated with the State Bank of India, hence their work is done via State Bank’s online portal.
The bank’s inaugural dates back to 1945 and are a widespread entity all across India, especially south India. The bank has over 1200 branches and over 1600 ATMs readily accessible for the people of India.
The reason why their online banking procedures are done via the SBI online portal is that SBT has now amalgamated with SBI in 2017. So, if you have an account with the State Bank of Travancore and you have no idea how to use their banking services, you have come to the right spot.
How to Register for SBT Netbanking?
Since you are struggling with the net banking for SBT, here’s what you need to do for the registration process.
- Start by visiting SBI’s online banking portal at https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm Under the homepage, click on “New Registration” and click on OK when the pop-up message comes
- You will be redirected to a new page for “New User Registration”. You have to input necessary details on the page, including the account number, CIF number, etc.
- Once done, recheck the information you have input and click on Submit
- For verification purposes, the portal will send an OTP to the registered mobile number
- Under that, click on “I have my ATM card online registration without visiting a branch” and click on Submit again
- Enter your ATM card details and clear the captcha verification
- Once done, the system will provide you with a temporary username and you have to generate a unique password.
- You will have to wait for one hour before you can access the net banking services.
- Once you are logged in, you can update and edit the username and password according to your preferences.
How to Transfer Money using SBT Netbanking?
Now that you are logged into the portal and have an idea of how to register for net banking, the next thing you should know about is the money transfer process. It is pretty simple.
- Again, you need to open SBI’s net banking portal via https://retail.onlinesbi.com/retail/login.htm and the login
- Once logged in, you need to select the kind of transaction that you want to make and then click on Continue
- Once done, you have to enter the details of the account that you want to transfer the funds to. Make sure you set up the beneficiaries list before the fund transfer process.
- Choose the beneficiary you want to transfer the funds to and click on Agree
- Validate all the data and the information that you have put in
- For verification, you will receive an OTP from the bank that you need to validate
- Once the transfer is successful, you will receive a debit message in your message box
Change State Bank of Travancore Password /Forgot Password (SBT Netbanking)
Since net banking is reliant on the username and the password of the account holder, you must stay mindful of the username and the password. However, it is common for people to forget things time and time and if you have forgotten the password, there are some ways in which you can sort out the issue.
- Start by opening the SBI login page for net banking and click on Forgot Login password
- This will redirect you to a new page where you have to enter all the salient information, including the account number, username, mobile number, birth date, etc. This is for verification.
- You can then navigate to the account dashboard and click on the Change Password menu
- Under that, you can enter the new password and save it for future transactions
How to Deactivate State Bank Of Travancore Net Banking?
There can be issues with net banking that several user’s face. If you are having issues with SBT net banking and you don’t want to use it in the future, there are easy steps you can follow to deactivate the SBT net banking account.
However, you need to dial the SBI helpdesk for the same. The toll-free number for SBI’s helpdesk is 1800 425 3800.
You will be connected to a tech support representative who will guide you through the process to deactivate the net banking account. It is an easy process; however, make sure you have all your bank account details sorted because the representative will most likely ask for the same during the call for verification.
How to Change State Bank Of Travancore Pin/ Forgot Pin?
If you have forgotten your ATM PIN or you want to change it, the process is simple. Here’s what you need to do:
- If you have forgotten your ATM PIN and you wish to change it, the same can be done online. You can log into your net banking profile and then choose your debit card for which you want to change the PIN and then change it from there. You will be sent an OTP for verification, so make sure you follow through.
- If you want to simply change the PIN, the process is the same as we have mentioned above.
If you are sitting here worried about the net banking and normal banking services for your SBT bank account, be assured that the process is quite simple. There’s not much that you have to worry about. The bank is subsidized under SBI, which means that all your funds are safe with the bank. Just make sure that you have all the details sorted and you follow the steps and tips we have mentioned. The SBT account can be accessed online, which makes the whole process a lot easier than you’d anticipate. Also, if you want to use net banking, you must follow the registration process without fail.
Contents In This Article