Pizza Hut Franchise in India: If anyone is a pizza lover and wants to invest in a pizza company, they have come to the right place.
Today, people around the world do not eat just their local cuisine. They like to have a taste of all types of food from every corner of the world. And globalization has made it possible for people to eat the food of a different country while still being sitting in their own country. This has caused various cuisines to become popular around the world. One such cuisine is Italian. When it comes to Italian food, pizza is one of the most popular dishes out there. And this is where Pizza Hut comes in. Pizza Hut is one of the most reputed Pizza selling companies in the world. With their exotic flavors and delicious recipes, they have managed to win the hearts of a lot of pizza lovers across the world. So, it is a great option if one wants to invest in a pizza company.
About the Company:
Pizza Hut, which was founded in 1958, is an American chain of restaurants. The company was started by Dan and Frank Carney in Wichita, Kansas. Pizza Hut is a subsidiary of one of the largest restaurant companies in the world, Yum! Brands, Inc. The company is famous for its Italian-American cuisine and sells pizza and pasta along with side dishes and desserts. As of 2018, Pizza Hut has 18,431 restaurants across the world.
Pizza Hut was acquired by Pepsico in the year 1977. 20 years later in 1997, Pizza Hut, along with Taco Bell and Kentucky Fried Chicken, became part of a company called Tricon Global Restaurants, Inc. which was later renamed to Yum! Brands, Inc. in May of 2002. The company’s logo called the ‘Red Roof’ is also one of the familiar logos of a brand to the public.
Today, Pizza Hut has restaurants in all parts of the world including countries like Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Hong Kong, South Korea, India, the United Kingdom, Finland, Germany, Spain Costa Rica, etc.
Pizza Hut has adopted a business model in which it operates through three different restaurant formats. The first and the most common one is the family dine-in locations where people can sit and eat the food. The second is the storefront delivery and carry-out locations where people can order food and take it away with them. The third is the hybrid locations which include all three – the carry-out, dine-in, and delivery options. Some Pizza Hut locations also have a lunch buffet. But it is mainly these three formats through which Pizza Hut makes its revenue.
Pizza Hut Franchise India:
Pizza Hut opened its first store in India in the year 1996 in the city of Bangalore. Since then, it has managed to grow at a rate of 40 percent per annum. Today, Pizza Hut has more than 400 stores in the country and plans to double the number in the next five years. Another goal of Pizza Hut is to hire more than 14,000 delivery drivers by the end of 2020.
Today, Pizza Hut is the second biggest pizza company in India with a market share of 27 percent. All the above-mentioned statistics and goals are indicators that it is a good decision to invest in a Pizza Hut franchise.
Pizza Hut Franchise Requirements:
As is the case with any other franchise, there are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled by an individual to be eligible for a Pizza Hut dealership. The requirements are as follows:
Area: Although no specific number has been mentioned by the company, going by the market research, a minimum of 1,000 to 1,500 square feet of area or outlet space is required to set up a Pizza Hut franchise.
Pizza Hut Franchise Cost in India:
Next comes the cost of investment. Curious to know the Pizza Hut franchise cost in India?
The amount of investment required depends on the type of franchise that an individual wants to invest in. There are three types of a franchise that Pizza hut offers. They are as follow:
- Restaurant-based delivery system Pizza Hut restaurants: In this type of franchise, pizza and other products approved by PHLLC are available for dine-in and carryout services. To get ownership of this type of franchise, an individual needs to invest around 25 to 30 lakh rupees.
- Delivery/carryout (Delco) system Pizza Hut restaurants: Carryout service is the only means through which the products are sold in this type of franchise. To get a dealership of this type of franchise, an investment of around 15 lakhs is required.
- Delivery based restaurant (DBR) / Fast-casual Delco (FCD) system Pizza Hut restaurants: In this type of franchise, products are sold for dine-in, carryout and delivery purposes. An individual interested in becoming the owner of such a type of franchise needs to invest an amount of around 20 lakh rupees.
Royalty: One also has to pay a monthly royalty to the company which will be equal to 6 percent of the gross sales of the franchise in that month.
Advertising fees: If an individual wants to become an owner of a Pizza Hut franchise, he or she has to pay advertising fees to the company which equates to 4.25 percent of the gross sales of the franchise.
Pizza Hut Profit Margin:
Although the profitability of any franchise depends on its performance and footfall, an individual can still expect a profit of 20,000 rupees every month.
How to Get Pizza Hut Franchise in India?
The procedure to get Pizza Hut franchise in India is pretty simple. An individual just has to visit the company’s website and fill out an application form to apply for the dealership. Several personal and official details will be required to be filled by the candidate in order to get the dealership.
To solve any Pizza Hut dealership inquiry, one can simply use the following information:
Pizza Hut Head Office Contact Details:
12th Floor, Tower D, Global Business Park,
Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
Pin code: 122002
You can also tweet them at: https://twitter.com/PizzaHutIN
After the submission of the application form, the support staff of the company reviews the application form. An individual has to go through a series of background checks and interviews. The whole process can take around 10 to 12 weeks. If the candidate gets approved, it can take 3 to 9 months to open the store depending on the size and location of the business.
Training and Support:
Pizza hut provides training to the employees of the franchise. Instead of classroom training, the company provides on-the-job training to the workers which can last for 8 to 12 weeks. The company provides support in two forms. First is the ongoing business support. In this, a franchisee can attend conventions with other franchisees and gain some inside knowledge. The second type of support is the marketing support through which a franchisee is able to take advantage of the brand name of Pizza Hut.
Recommended For You: Oyalo Pizza Franchise – Cost, Requirements & More
FAQs Regarding Pizza Hut Franchise in India:
1. What is the area or outlet space required to open up a Pizza Hut franchise?
Answer: Although Pizza Hut does not mention any specific requirements, an area of around 1,000 to 1,500 square feet is required for the outlet.
2. How to get a Pizza Hut franchise in India?
Answer: The procedure is very simple. All an individual needs to do is visit the official website of Pizza Hut and fill out an application form to apply for a Pizza Hut dealership. Several personal and official details need to be filled out by the individual in that form.
3. Is the Pizza Hut franchise profitable?
Answer: yes, the Pizza Hut franchise is very profitable. Although the profit of a franchise depends on its performance and number of customers, an individual can still expect a profit of 20,000 rupees every month.
4. Who is the owner of Pizza Hut in India?
5. What is the cost of Pizza Hut franchise in India?
Answer: The cost of investment depends on the type of franchise an individual wants to invest in. For restaurant-based delivery system restaurants, an investment of 25 to 30 lakh rupees is required. For delivery / carryout (Delco) system restaurants, an individual needs to invest a sum of around 15 lakh rupees. For delivery-based restaurants, an individual needs to invest around 20 lakh rupees to become an owner of the franchise.
6. Does one have to pay any royalty to become an owner of a Pizza Hut franchise?
Answer: Yes, royalty has to be paid on a monthly basis to the company. The royalty is calculated as 6 percent of the gross sales of the franchise in a month. Apart from royalty, advertising fees also have to be paid by the franchisee to the company which equates to 4,25 percent of the gross sales.
7. What are the different types of franchises offered by Pizza Hut?
Pizza Hut mainly offers three types of franchises to its investors. These are as follow:
- Restaurant-based delivery system Pizza Hut restaurants
- Delivery/carryout (delco) system Pizza Hut restaurants
- Delivery-based restaurant (DBR) / Fast-casual Delco (FCD) system Pizza Hut restaurants
8. What are some of the popular pizza places in India?
More and more pizza stores are popping up in different parts of the country. But there are two giants who have been ruling the pizza industry for years. THese are Domino’s and Pizza Hut.
9. How big is Pizza Hut in India?
Pizza Hut is the second biggest pizza brand in India after Domino’s. The company has a market share of 27 percent in India.
10. Does Pizza Hut provide any support to its franchise owners?
Yes, Pizza Hut is very helpful to the people who are interested in doing business with them. The company holds seminars and conventions for people to give them knowledge as to how to run a Pizza Hut outlet. Pizza Hut also assists the franchise owners by providing on-the-job training to the employees for 8 to 12 weeks.
11. How do I contact the Pizza Hut franchisee?
If you want to contact any Pizza Hut franchisee with further complaints or queries, they have a standard toll-free contact, which is 1800-202-2022, or email at [email protected].
12. Is the Pizza Hut franchisee the cheapest in India?
With so much competition in the pizza niche and industry, finding the cheapest franchise in India can be challenging. But, with the position that Pizza Hut has in the market, they don’t have the cheapest franchise model.
13. Is Pizza Hut’s business profitable?
Pizza Hut franchise has a very high profitability, thanks to their already established name and branding and the international presence that they have across the world.
You May Also Like: Amul Ice Cream Franchise – Profit Margin, Cost and More!
When it comes to pizzas in India, it does not get better than Pizza Hut. With the company’s goals of doubling its outlets in the next five years and having more than 14,000 delivery drivers, it is not hard to see the path of success that Pizza Hut is on and they have no intention of stopping or slowing down. So, if an individual has a love for pizzas and has money to invest, Pizza Hut is definitely the best choice. Hence, it was all about Pizza Hut Franchise India. We hope we could help with all the information like Pizza Hut franchise cost in India, profit margin, etc. If you still have any queries, feel free to comment down.
Contents In This Article
- 1 About the Company:
- 2 Pizza Hut Franchise India:
- 3 How to Get Pizza Hut Franchise in India?
- 4 FAQs Regarding Pizza Hut Franchise in India:
- 4.1 1. What is the area or outlet space required to open up a Pizza Hut franchise?
- 4.2 2. How to get a Pizza Hut franchise in India?
- 4.3 3. Is the Pizza Hut franchise profitable?
- 4.4 4. Who is the owner of Pizza Hut in India?
- 4.5 5. What is the cost of Pizza Hut franchise in India?
- 4.6 6. Does one have to pay any royalty to become an owner of a Pizza Hut franchise?
- 4.7 7. What are the different types of franchises offered by Pizza Hut?
- 4.8 8. What are some of the popular pizza places in India?
- 4.9 9. How big is Pizza Hut in India?
- 4.10 10. Does Pizza Hut provide any support to its franchise owners?
- 4.11 11. How do I contact the Pizza Hut franchisee?
- 4.12 12. Is the Pizza Hut franchisee the cheapest in India?
- 4.13 13. Is Pizza Hut’s business profitable?
- 5 Final Words: