Senior citizens across India rely on their service pensions to live a comfortable life without having to rely on anyone else in the future. The same is available under the Uttar Pradesh government too. The SSPY pension scheme from Uttar Pradesh has helped several of the senior citizens live a life of meaning and independence without being a burden on anyone, even their kids.
However, the best part of this pension scheme in 2023 is the online application system. This makes the process a lot easier, more streamlined and prevents the hassle of running through the various administrative offices to make ends meet.
In Uttar Pradesh, at present, there are three different types of pension schemes that are available for the state residents. They include Old Age Pension Scheme, Widow Pension Scheme and Divyang Pension Scheme. These three schemes are targeted towards helping the citizens who need financial aid in the later part of their life.
About the UP Pension Scheme 2023
Pension is a quintessential life-saving grace for people. This marks as a fixed monetary income that is deposited into the individual’s account to help them meet their monthly expenses. This is offered to the senior citizens, widows and even the disabled citizens in Uttar Pradesh to help them live a life of comfort.
The scheme was proposed by Uttar Pradesh’s Chief Minister, Yogi Aditya Nath. Since the announcement of this scheme, over 86 lakh citizens from Uttar Pradesh have applied for it via online application. The sanctioned amount under this pension scheme is directly credited into the bank account of the applicant where they can withdraw it according to their requirements.
Let us discuss more this scheme and everything else that you need to know.
How to Apply Online for the SSPY pension scheme in 2023?
Now that you have a basic understanding of the scheme and what it entails, you must know about the online application process. It is pretty simple and doesn’t involve any kinds of complications like you’d expect.
The good thing about this pension scheme is that the scheme isn’t limited to the rural provinces in UP but is also applicable for the city residents who need financial help from the government without needing to rely on someone else.
According to the pension scheme:
- Old or senior citizens will get Rs. 800 per month
- Widows or disabled individuals will get Rs. 500 per month
- Individuals suffering from leprosy will get Rs. 2500 per month in their bank account.
Until now, the list of beneficiaries for these pension schemes is as follows.
- Old Age Pension: 49,87,054 Beneficiaries
- Widow Women Pension: 26,06,213 Beneficiaries
- Disabled Pension: 10,90,436 Beneficiaries
- Leprosy Patient Pension: 11,324 Beneficiaries
Keep in mind that these numbers are for the applications that have been submitted till now. The application process is still open and more and more people are filling in the online forms.
Process of Online Application
Under the UP-pension scheme, the registered applicants will receive a fixed monthly income that will be deposited into their bank account every month. A fixed pension helps people swerve their lifestyle without any complications. The online application process for the UP pension scheme is not that complicated. Here’s a quick breakdown of the eligibility criteria and the documents you’d need.
Eligibility criteria for the SSPY scheme
- Should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh
- An individual should be below the poverty line (BPL cardholder)
- Should be financially weak and have certification to prove the same
- Government employees or immediate relatives of govt. employees can’t apply
Requirements for online application
If you tick off all the available requirements under the eligibility criteria, you’d need the following documents while filling out the application form.
- Aadhaar or Voter card as ID proof
- Age certificate
- BPL certificate
- Death certificate of husband (for widows)
- Disability certificate (for disabled applicants)
- Bank account details
- Contact number
- Passport size photograph
Once you have all the required documents and the needed criteria fulfilled, then comes the online application process. It is quite simple, so you shouldn’t have any issue filling out the application.
Follow the steps as mentioned:
- Start by opening the official UP pension scheme portal at https://sspy-up.gov.in/HindiPages/index_h.aspx
- Once you are on the homepage, you should be able to find all the different tabs
- Under there, you need to select the pension scheme that you are applying for. There are three different ones to choose from.
- Once you select the desired pension scheme option, it will redirect you to a new page.
- Once the application form opens, fill in all the required details.
- Make sure you also attach the documentation that they ask for.
- Once everything is finalized and updated, you can then move ahead and submit your online application and it should be in processing.
Can I apply to the SSPY Pension Scheme at any time?
Ever since its announcement, online application acceptance and registration has been in process. The UP government hasn’t yet announced a deadline or finishing date for the same, so we can say that the application is likely going to be continuing for the coming few months too.
However, if you meet all the criteria and you have the sorted documents in front of you, we’d recommend that you fill out the application as soon as possible to avoid any delays in the same. You never know when the application acceptance stops, so while it is happening, don’t delay and fill out the application.
The SSPY pension scheme under the UP government is hands down one of the best decisions that have been put in place by the Chief Minister of the state. While the amount of distribution might not seem like a lot, be assured that this is hands-down better than nothing, especially for the individuals who are already living such a hard life. Having access to a meagre amount every month in the bank account allows people to live a financially independent life.
Contents In This Article