Marriage is a quintessential part of every Indian’s life. Some men and women closely wait their entire life to be able to have their dream wedding with their partners. However, for poor families, especially with daughters in India, arranging a content wedding becomes a hassle.
Understanding those pain points, the Uttar Pradesh government has announced the Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021. Under this scheme, the government will offer a sum of Rs. 51,000 for the daughter’s marriage in a poor family. The scheme does come with limitations and will sponsor the marriage of families under the scheduled caste and tribes or the backward and minority classes in the state.
If you are from the state of Uttar Pradesh and you want to avail of this scheme for yourself or for someone you know, this article should give you all the insights that you need to know about.
UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2022 – About
The UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021 is an initiative launched by the Uttar Pradesh government under the leadership of CM Yogi Aditya Nath. According to the scheme, the government will sponsor a sum of Rs. 51,000 for the marriage of the daughters in a poor family.
The introduction of this initiative has helped pave way for the marriage of daughters from economically backward families. However, the eligibility criteria for qualifying for this grant are quite diverse and stringent.
Besides belonging to the backward classes in society, the applicant’s daughter should be 18+ years of age. The groom should be 21+ years of age too. Also, a maximum of two girls from one family can be sponsored under the scheme.
What are the eligibility criteria for UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021?
As we mentioned, the eligibility criteria for this scheme under the UP government are quite stringent and rightfully so. This is to ensure that the money goes to the people who need it and will make the right use of the government’s aid.
Some of the important criteria for the scheme include:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Uttar Pradesh
- The applicant should belong to backward classes in the society and have BPL certification
- The family income of the applicant’s family should be Rs, 46,080 per year or less for rural areas and Rs. 56,460 per year for the urban areas.
- The daughter applying should be 18+ years old. Even the groom should be 21+ years.
You must have all of these criteria in your mind. Any kind of violation of these criteria or fraudulency will lead to legal punishments.
What are the benefits of UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021?
With the eligibility criteria out of the way, the next thing worth looking into is the benefits. The applicant family must have all the documentation needed to show they are below the poverty line. The application can be filled online, which again is a benefit.
Some of the notable benefits from this scheme include:
- The scheme is targeted towards assisting in the daughter’s marriage in poor families in Uttar Pradesh
- The scheme is only reserved for the backward classes in the society and benefits their interest.
- The scheme offers a sum of Rs. 51,000 to the approved families.
- The applicants can access the portal online and apply directly from there without any hassle.
What are the documents required for the UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021 application?
Since marriage is a very crucial step in anyone’s life, it isn’t surprising that the UP government wants to make the best out of the situation. Ideally, if you are applying for this scheme, there are quite a few important things that you need to be mindful of. Keeping aside all the important documentation before applying online is necessary too.
Following are some of the documents you need to sort through.
- Aadhar Card or Voter ID card
- Caste certificate
- BPL certificate
- Family income certificate
- Age certificate
- Bank account information
- Contact number
- Passport size photograph
- Marriage certificate
How to Apply for UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021?
As we have said from the very beginning, the application process for the UP Shadi Anudan Yojana is online. This means that you won’t have to worry about going from one window to the other in the government offices.
Once you have checked the eligibility criteria and sorted out all the required documents, you can then move ahead with the application process by following the steps mentioned below:
- Start by opening your browser on the desktop or smartphone and visit http://shadianudan.upsdc.gov.in/.
- Once you are on the homepage, you first need to do the registration. Select the caste category you are applying from.
- The registration form will open and you need to check all the fields and input all the required details as asked.
- Once you are done filling out the details, make sure you fill in the required documents and attach them with the application form.
- Once done, cross-verify the details that you have filled in and then click on Submit.
Once the application is submitted, it will be forwarded to the UP Government administrators who will verify the application, check the details and then inform if your application is approved. Once approved, the sanctioned amount from the government is directly deposited to the bank of the applicant.
How long does it take for the Amount to be transferred?
This is a variable situation. Typically, since the applications are abundant, the government officials need to have some time to verify individual inputs and then find the authenticity of the applicants because the application is approved. It can take between a few months to a year, so apply ahead of time.
If you were planning to apply for the UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021, we hope this article gives you all the insights that you need. Make sure that you always check the eligibility criteria before you apply. Even not matching one criterion will lead to the cancellation of the application.
Contents In This Article
- 1 UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2022 – About
- 1.1 What are the eligibility criteria for UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021?
- 1.2 What are the benefits of UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021?
- 1.3 What are the documents required for the UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021 application?
- 1.4 How to Apply for UP Shadi Anudan Yojana 2021?
- 1.5 How long does it take for the Amount to be transferred?
- 2 Conclusion