Vishal Mega Mart Franchise: If an individual is interested in investing money in a hypermarket chain, then this is the right place for them. Today, convenience has gained a lot of importance in people’s lives. Everyone wants maximum value for minimum effort. This is true in the case of shopping also. People want everything to be in one place so that it is easier for them to buy it. This is where hypermarkets come in. A hypermarket is a combination of a supermarket and a departmental store. And one such type of hypermarket in India is Vishal Mega Mart. Over the years, Vishal Mega Mart has gained popularity among the Indian public as it is a place where people can come and shop to fulfill all kinds of needs and wants.
About the Company:
Vishal Mega Mart, which is considered to be one of the pioneers of retailing in India, is owned by TPG Wholesale Private Limited. The company is considered to be one of the fastest-growing hypermarket chains in India as Vishal Mega Mart has 349 brick and mortar stores spread wide across the country. Groceries, FMCG, apparel, household items, electronic appliances are just some of the many categories under which products are housed in the company. The city has stores in Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities where high-quality products are provided to the public at minimum rates. Transparency, integrity, and empowerment are the values followed by the company and its personnel.
It was Ram Chandra Agarwal who was the founder of Vishal Mega Mart. He started it in the year 2001 At first, it was just a small outlet that grew bigger day by day. The concept of hypermarket was first introduced to the people of India in 2002 when Ram Chandra Agarwal launched the first Vishal Mega Mart in Delhi. After that, there was no turning back.
The company also has an online website named myvishal.com which gives the public the option of online shopping for the apparel of all ages.
Vishal Mega Mart sells a varied range of products under one roof. Some of the major categories under which the products are sold in the stores are as follow:
- Fashion – Fashionable products in the category of footwear, apparel, and lifestyle products are provided to people of all ages at affordable prices.
- Grocery and Household Needs – Packed food, grocery and staples, branded personal care products, etc. come under this category.
- General Merchandise – Luggage and travel accessories, kitchen appliances, toys, sports equipment, etc. are provided at affordable prices to the public.
How to Get Vishal Mega Mart Franchise?
In 2018, the company was bought Partners Group and Kedaara Capital and things got better. In that year, the provisional revenue for Vishal Mega Mart, as per CRISIL, was 2,252 crore rupees. And in the same year, the adjusted profit came out to be around 100 crore rupees. These are indicators that investing in Vishal Mega Mart is a good option.
As is the case with any franchise, there are certain requirements that need to be fulfilled by an individual in order to become an owner of a Vishal Mega Mart franchise. The first requirement that needs to be fulfilled is regarding the area that will be required to set up the store. The area of the store needs to be big enough to accommodate all the different kinds of products that the company has to offer. The minimum area that is required by the franchisee to set up the store so that all the products can be accommodated comes to around 3,000 square feet.
Another requirement that a franchisee has to take care of is the number of employees as such a store will require a big team of dedicated and hardworking employees. So, a minimum of 500 employees will be required by the franchisee to efficiently run the store.
Vishal Mega Mart Franchise Cost:
Opening up a hypermarket is no small thing. So, it is obvious that if an individual wants to become the owner of a Vishal Mega Mart franchise, he or she will have to put up a significant amount of money. There are many factors that will affect the cost of investment but generally, the amount of money required by a franchisee to set up a Vishal Mega Mart store comes to around 30 to 50 lakh rupees.
Vishal Mega Mart Franchise Profit:
There are no official numbers or statistics to show that the Vishal Mega Mart franchise is profitable. But if we take into consideration the revenue of the year 2018, which was 2,252 crore rupees and the profit of that same year which was around 100 crore rupees, it can be safely said that the owner of a Vishal Mega Mart franchise will reap huge benefits.
Vishal Mega Mart Franchise Enquiry:
If an individual wish to contact the personnel of Vishal Mega Mart to talk about any of the queries that they have, they can make use of the following information:
- Airplaza Retail Holdings Pvt. Ltd.
- Plot No 184, Platinum Tower,
- 5th Floor, Udyog Vihar,
- Phase I, Gurugram,
- Haryana – 122016
- Contact number: 011-41132664
Also Check: How to Get Patanjali Franchise?
FAQs Regarding How to Get Vishal Mega Mart Franchise:
1. How many stores does Vishal Mega Mart have in India?
According to the company’s official website, Vishal Mega Mart has 349 brick and mortar stores spread across the country.
2. When was Vishal Mega Mart established?
Vishal Mega Mart was founded in the year 2001 by Ram Chandra Agarwal.
3. Who is the owner of Vishal Mega Mart?
Today, Gunender Kapur is the CEO of Vishal Mega Mart.
4. What is the cost of investment required for a Vishal Mega Mart franchise?
The cost of investment that is required by a franchisee comes to around 30 to 50 lakh rupees.
5. What is the required area to open up a Vishal Mega Mart outlet?
A minimum area of 3,000 square feet is required to set up a Vishal Mega Mart store.
6. Is Vishal Mega Mart a profitable company?
Yes, Vishal Mega MArt is a very successful company in India. In the year 2018, the company generated 2,252 crore rupees as revenue and out of that, around 100 crore rupees was deemed as profit.
7. How many people are required to run a Vishal Mega Mart franchise?
Any investor who is interested in opening up a Vishal Mega MArt outlet needs to keep in mind that a lot of people will be required to keep the franchise running. In order to effectively run the mart, the franchisee needs to hire around 500 employees.
8. What kind of products are sold in Vishal Mega Mart?
Consumers can find a wide variety of products in a Vishal Mega Mart outlet. There are grocery and household needs products, general merchandise and fashion apparel present in these stores.
You May Like: How to Get Baskin Robbins Franchise in India
Vishal Mega Mart brought the concept of hypermarkets to India. The numbers and statistics mentioned in the articles are good indicators to show that it is a good investment decision to invest in Vishal Mega Mart franchise. So, if someone has money to invest and is looking to invest in a hypermarket chain, Vishal Mega Mart is a great option.
Contents In This Article
- 1 About the Company:
- 2 How to Get Vishal Mega Mart Franchise?
- 3 FAQs Regarding How to Get Vishal Mega Mart Franchise:
- 3.1 1. How many stores does Vishal Mega Mart have in India?
- 3.2 2. When was Vishal Mega Mart established?
- 3.3 3. Who is the owner of Vishal Mega Mart?
- 3.4 4. What is the cost of investment required for a Vishal Mega Mart franchise?
- 3.5 5. What is the required area to open up a Vishal Mega Mart outlet?
- 3.6 6. Is Vishal Mega Mart a profitable company?
- 3.7 7. How many people are required to run a Vishal Mega Mart franchise?
- 3.8 8. What kind of products are sold in Vishal Mega Mart?
- 4 Final Words: