Many scholars consider Ayurveda to be the oldest healing science. The word ‘Ayurveda’ translates to ‘the science of life’ in the Sanskrit language. Often referred to as the ‘mother of all healing’, the origin of Ayurveda and its knowledge in India can be dated back to more than 5000 years ago. The aim of Ayurvedic medicine or treatment is not to fight any disease or illness but to maintain good health.
Although it has been prevalent in our culture for centuries, nobody has paid any real attention to Ayurvedic products before Patanjali. Patanjali came out with its range of Ayurvedic products, which took the country by storm. The rise of Patanjali has also helped in educating the public about the advantages of Ayurvedic and herbal products.
In response to Patanjali, many other companies have started to make changes. Big brands are now putting more focus on Ayurvedic and herbal products to compete with Patanjali.
About the Company:
Patanjali Ayurved Limited is an Indian consumer goods company that makes and sells mineral and herbal products. The company was established in 2006 by Baba Ramdev, along with Balkrishna. Balkrishna owns 98.6 percent of the company. The company’s objective was to combine the knowledge of Ayurveda with the latest technology available to manufacture the best quality products to the consumers.
The company was named after a sage in Hinduism called Patanjali, who is believed to be a significant contributor to the Sanskrit literature. Patanjali’s headquarters are in Haridwar, Uttarakhand, where the company’s main production facility is located, but its registered office is in Delhi. Patanjali is considered to be the fastest-growing FMCG (Fast-moving consumer goods) company in India by companies like CLSA and HSBC. According to the Brand Trust Report 0f 2018, Patanjali was ranked as the 13th most trusted brand in India and the FMCG category, it was ranked first.
As of March 2018, the company is valued at 43,932 crore rupees.
The name and status of Baba Ramdev is a big contributor to the success of Patanjali. Apart from that, as of May 2016, Patanjali has around 4,700 retail stores around the country where the company’s products are sold. Patanjali also has an online platform to sell its products along with outlets at railway stations and airports. Other than online, the company also sells its products in stores like Hypercity, Star Bazaar, etc.
There are more than 2500 products that are produced by the Patanjali brand, majorly in the personal care and food categories. But apart from that, there are many different categories of products that are manufactured by the company. Cosmetic products, hair products, body care products, toiletries products, healthcare products, baby care products are the major categories. Now apparells are also a part of that list.
Currently, the number of Patanjali franchises across India is around 5,000. The rapid pace at which Patanjali is growing shows how profitable it is to invest in the company. Apart from the established brand name, an owner of a Patanjali gets products at very low prices as there is no middleman involved in the distribution process. The products are provided directly by the farmers. An individual can earn attractive gains by investing a relatively low amount of money.
The following 3 schemes are available for a franchisee to invest in:
Types of Franchises:
- Gramodhyog Nyas
- Patanjali Chikitsalaya and Arogya Kendra
- Patanjali Mega Store
Patanjali Store Franchise Cost:
Apart from the fact that the cost of investment for Patanjali Arogya Kendra comes to around 10 to 12 lakh rupees, no accurate information is available for the cost investment details of Gramodhyog Nyas and Patanjali Chikitsalaya and Arogya Kendra.
Patanjali Dealership Requirements:
The requirements and the cost of investment for a Patanjali franchise depend on the type of franchise an individual decides to opt for.
Following is the list of requirements that need to be fulfilled to own a Patanjali Mega Store franchise:
- To open a Patanjali Mega Store, the franchisee needs to have an area of minimum 2,000 square feet.
- The store needs to be at a prime location in the city.
- For a metro city, the megastore needs to be at least 2.5 km away from an existing megastore. For non-metro cities, the distance is 3.5 km. Also, Patanjali Chikitsalaya and Arogya Kendra should be at least 1 km away from the megastore.
- The documents that need to be submitted along with the application form to apply for a Patanjali dealership include 5 passport size photographs, address proof, identity proof, photographs of the store location, sale registration copy, PAN card and an ownership or rent deed for the store.
- Initially, a mega store will require an investment of about 1 crore rupees.
- 5 lakh rupees need to be deposited in the form of a refundable security deposit to the company. Half of the amount will go to Divya Pharmacy and the other half will go Patanjali Ayurved Limited, Haridwar.
- The institute will provide Vaidya for the megastore. The franchisee has to arrange for the medical equipment and other facilities of the Vaidya.
- Apart from Divya Pharmacy and Patanjali Ayurved, products of no other brand can be sold in the store.
- The applicant must have a clean record and behave respectfully.
Patanjali Dealership Procedure:
There are three ways in which an individual can apply for a Patanjali dealership. The first way is to go to the company’s official website and fill out an application form applying for Patanjali dealership. Another way is to contact the company’s support team via email and ask them for assistance in getting a Patanjali franchise. If nothing works, the last option is to visit the Patanjali office in Haridwar directly.
According to the retailers, the gross turnover on an average is 25,000 rupees per day. Also, due to the elimination of middlemen from the supply chain, the franchisee gets around 20 percent benefit on the cost of products. The investor also gains a lot from the marketing strategies of the company, which include having Baba Ramdev as the brand ambassador of the company.
- Open Starbucks Franchise in India (Cost, Profit & More)
- Pizza Hut Franchise in India (Cost, Profit Margin & More)
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
1. How much area is required to open up a Patanjali Mega Store?
An area of minimum 2,000 square feet is needed to set up a Patanjali Mega Store.
2. What are the different types of Patanjali dealerships available?
There are three types of franchise schemes from which an investor can choose. First is the Gramodhyog Nyas. Second is the Patanjali Chikitsalaya & Arogya Kendra and the last one is the Patanjali Mega Store.
3. What are the documents required to apply for a Patanjali dealership?
Following is the list of documents that are required to be submitted along with the application form to apply for a Patanjali dealership.
- 5 passport size photographs
- Address proof
- Identity proof
- Photographs of the store location
- Sale registration copy
- PAN card
- An ownership or rent deed for the store.
4. How to apply for Patanjali dealership?
There are several ways in which an applicant can apply for a Patanjali dealership. The first way to become an owner of a Patanjali franchise is to go to the official site of the company and fill out an application form applying for the dealership.
Another way is to send the Patanjali support team an email asking them to provide support as to how to become a Patanjali franchise owner.
There is also a third option. If the above two methods do not work, one can pay a visit to the Patanjali office in Haridwar, the address of which is mentioned below:
Patanjali Ayurved Limited: Unit-III, Patanjali Food & Herbal park
Vill – Padartha, Laksar Road Haridwar 249404, Uttrakhand
5. Is the Patanjali franchise profitable?
The answer is yes. Investing in Patanjali is a great decision. The gross turnover that a franchisee receives on a daily basis is around 25,000 rupees. Also, a 20 percent benefit on cost is enjoyed by the franchisee as there are no middlemen in the dealership chain.
6. What is the amount of investment required to open up a Patanjali Mega Store?
To set up a Patanjali Mega Store, an initial investment of 1 crore rupees is required.
7. How many Patanjali franchises are currently there in India?
Currently, there are more than 5,000 Patanjali franchises located in different parts of the country.
The rise of Patanjali has been nothing short of phenomenal. With already 15,000 exclusive outlets under their name, the company wants to reach the goal of 1,00,000 outlets in the coming years. This goes on to show Patanjali has no intention of slowing down. So, it will be a great decision to invest in Patanjali and join them on this epic ride to success. It was pretty much all about the Patanjali Franchise. Hope you find all the information helpful.
Contents In This Article
- 1 About the Company:
- 2 Patanjali Franchise:
- 3 Patanjali Dealership Procedure:
- 4 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 4.0.1 1. How much area is required to open up a Patanjali Mega Store?
- 4.0.2 2. What are the different types of Patanjali dealerships available?
- 4.0.3 3. What are the documents required to apply for a Patanjali dealership?
- 4.0.4 4. How to apply for Patanjali dealership?
- 4.0.5 5. Is the Patanjali franchise profitable?
- 4.0.6 6. What is the amount of investment required to open up a Patanjali Mega Store?
- 4.0.7 7. How many Patanjali franchises are currently there in India?
- 5 Final Words: