The impacts of the pandemic have left people in extreme financial constraints throughout the world. In a wake to combat these issues, the West Bengal government, under the leadership of Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee, have introduced the WB Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme for the Bengal citizens. The scheme was primarily introduced to benefit the daily wage workers who were and are out of work due to the looming impacts of the pandemic.
If you are not aware of this scheme and want to know about its benefits, features and impacts individually, this article should give you a complete insight.
What is Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme?
Due to the pandemic and the prevailing economic distress, the backward class and low-income Bengal citizens are in constant need of financial assistance and this scheme is in place to provide just that.
CM Mamata Banerjee has proposed this relief package in which the sanctioned beneficiaries will receive INR 1000 per month for all the employees. The scheme was introduced during the peak of the pandemic when the government was encouraging its citizens to stay indoors.
What are the Benefits of the Prochesta Scheme?
Some of the most notable benefits of the Prochesta scheme under the WB government include:
- The government under the scheme offers INR 1000 monetary compensation to the daily wage workers and the employed individuals under the unorganized sector in West Bengal.
- The scheme also enabled low-income families to have access to Rs. 2/kg rice.
- The emergency response staff has been given extra leave after the worship.
- The attendance of the private employees was limited to 5%.
The objectives of the Prochesta scheme is to help the individuals with daily wage income or the salaried employees that have lost their income sources during the height of the pandemic.
What are the eligibility criteria for Prochesta Scheme?
If you aren’t sure about the Prochesta scheme and its eligibility criteria, there are a few important factors that you need to be mindful of. Following are the eligibility criteria that you need to follow through:
- The applicant must be a West Bengal resident
- The applicant should be a daily wage worker
- The applicant should not be qualified under any other state-sponsored social program
- One only male individual can apply from one family
- The applicant shouldn’t have any other source of income
What are the documents required for the Prochesta scheme?
If you are applying for the Prochesta scheme under the West Bengal government, there are certain documentation that you need to sort out.
- Aadhar card
- Address proof
- Bank account details
- Mobile number
How to Apply for the Prochesta Scheme online?
When it comes to applying to the Prochesta scheme online, there are a few important factors that you need to be mindful of. Whether you are applying online or in person, you must follow through with all the fields that are mentioned in the application. It is crucial that you fill in all the details right and not put any misleading information.
Some of the important details that need to be filled in the application form include:
- Name of the applicant
- Father’s name
- Date of birth
- Voter ID no.
- Ration card no.
- Aadhar card no.
- Ward no.
- House or premise no.
- Post office
- Police station
- Mobile number
- Bank account details
Besides these details, the candidate also needs to attach their recent passport-sized photograph with the application. If you are applying online, the candidates can apply for the same via the online portal at wb.gov.in.
How to Access the Prochesta Prokolpo Mobile Application?
To further streamline the process and make the application process and tracking system a lot easier, the WB government has introduced a mobile application for the scheme too.
Here’s how you can download and access it:
- Start by opening the official website of the West Bengal government at wb.gov.in
- Once there, click on Prochesta and click on Download from there
- This will redirect you to a new page that has a downloadable app for Android. Download it from there
- Once downloaded, install the application and you can follow the on-screen instructions to use it
Prochesta Scheme Payment Procedure
If you have submitted the online or offline application under the Prochesta scheme and your application has been approved, the payment will come into the bank account that you have linked to the application.
The application you filled in goes through a preliminary verification, followed by a more thorough verification by the District Magistrate or the Commissioner of Kolkata Municipal Corporation.
Once the verification is done and the eligibility criteria are reached and matched, the credited amount will be forwarded to the designated banks. The beneficiaries will each receive a cheque of INR 1000 directly to their bank account.
Does the Prochesta Scheme come with Restriction?
The Prochesta Scheme from the West Bengal government was introduced during the peak of the pandemic when the government was actively encouraging people to stay indoors and avoid working. Since this proved to be extremely difficult on the livelihood of the daily wage workers, this initiative was to provide momentary monetary relief.
Although the amount wasn’t earth-shattering, it was still a steady income that the underprivileged individuals could make the most use out of.
The scheme is only applicable for the applicants who are in extreme poverty, ideally for the daily wage workers who are still finding it hard to find a steady source of income due to the prevailing uncertainties that come with the condition.
So, make sure that you check and cross-check all the eligibility criteria on the official website before you end up applying for the scheme and the financial assistance.
If you have been confused about the Prochesta scheme started by the West Bengal government, we hope this article gives you all the insights that you need to be mindful of. Be assured that you follow the important eligibility criteria before you apply for this scheme. It offers one-time monetary assistance to the beneficiaries.
Contents In This Article
- 1 What is Prochesta Prokolpo Scheme?
- 1.1 What are the Benefits of the Prochesta Scheme?
- 1.2 What are the eligibility criteria for Prochesta Scheme?
- 1.3 What are the documents required for the Prochesta scheme?
- 1.4 How to Apply for the Prochesta Scheme online?
- 1.5 How to Access the Prochesta Prokolpo Mobile Application?
- 1.6 Prochesta Scheme Payment Procedure
- 1.7 Does the Prochesta Scheme come with Restriction?
- 2 Conclusion