Scholarships and grants are an amazing way for underprivileged students to get the rightful work and support that they need to support their education. The Indian government offers a range of amazing grants and scholarships for the backward classes, low-income families in India to ensure that no child lives without their right to education.
The Public Financial Management System scholarship is hands down one of the most popular scholarships available in India that caters to the needs of the students in India. If you have been considering applying for this grant, this article should give you an insight into all the rightful information that you need to know.
What are the Benefits of the PFMS Scholarship?
The primary and likely the sole benefit that comes with the PFMS scholarship in 2021 is that it supports the understudies of the students in India that belong to backward classes and belong to some of the low-income families. The families that want to educate their children but have to refrain due to their economic constraints can benefit the most from this scholarship and help their children live a life of meaning.
What are the Qualification criteria for the PFMS Scholarship?
Since the PFMS scholarship is only reserved for the best students and individuals with economic constraints. So, there are a few eligibility criteria worth considering:
- The candidate should be a resident of India
- The family income per month should be less than INR 6 lacs
- The candidate should be between the ages of 18 and 25 years
- The candidate should have passed class 10th
What is the Enlistment process under the PFMS Scholarship 2021?
To apply for this specific grant or scholarship, the candidates have to follow a list of certain steps to ensure that the application is accepted by the administrative head.
- Start by opening the PFMS official website
- Once you are on the homepage, you need to click on the PFMS Scholarship Student Registration tab to be redirected to the landing page
- Select the Grant to Universities or College Students from there
- Fill out all the information asked, including the year you passed your Class 12th, ledger number, IFSC code of the bank, classification, etc.
- You have to also enter your email ID for registration and future communication
- You need to generate a client ID and a secret phrase from there
- Transfer all the archives and then click on Submit to finally submit your application
How to know your PFMS Scholarship Payment Updates?
If your application for the scholarship has been accepted and you are confused about the scholarship grant amount and how it will be credited to your bank account, there are a few steps that you need to be mindful of.
- Start by opening the PFMS Official website
- Once on the homepage, you need to find the “Know your Payment Options” tab and then click on it
- This will redirect you to a new page that has multiple fields like client ID, password and account related information that you have to fill in for verification.
- Once done, click on Search to look into the payment options and status of the grant.
Keep in mind that the verification of the details that you enter is crucial and part of the process, which means that you can’t enter wrong information and expect the same to work out in your favor.
Method to Track NPS Payment Status Under PFMS
If you want to track the NPS payment status, you must follow a few certain factors involving the procedure. Here’s a quick few step process you need to follow through.
- Start by opening your browser and then opening the PFMS official website
- Once you are on the homepage, you need to click on the “Track NPS Status” tab
- Under that, you need to add the bank account details, NPS Application ID for verification
- Enter the confirmation code that you receive, either in the registered email or the mobile number
- Like on Search from there.
PFMS Scholarship Renewal Application
Getting a grant under the PFMS Scholarship has been life-changing for several students from low-income families. However, since the scholarship caters to the needs of hundreds of thousands of students in India, you must renew the application for this grant every year to ensure that your sanctioned grant amount is deposited into your bank account.
Here’s what you need to do for the same:
- Start by opening the PFMS official website
- Once you are on the home page, you need to navigate to the login button and log into the page using the unique client ID and password.
- Once done, you need to click on the PFMS Scholarship Renewal tab
- Under that, you’d have to fill in all the personal credentials, including the details about the previous grant that you received to ensure that your application is sanctioned without any roadblocks.
- Once done, you also need to add the required documents for verification that the website asks for. It can include the details of the previous year’s grant too, so make sure you have all these documents handy.
- Recheck all the information that you have entered and then click on Submit.
The portal will then redirect you to the homepage, from where you can access the application status and other important information related to the PFMS scholarship program. Make sure you keep yourself updated about the same.
With so many different scholarships and grants available in India, finding one that supports higher education is quite rare. The PFMS scholarship is quite useful for students who don’t want to stop their education due to the prevailing financial constraints that they and their families are experiencing. If you have been confused about this scholarship, the benefits, criteria and the application process, we hope this article gives you all the insights that you likely need. Just ensure that you follow the eligibility criteria, have all the documents sorted and then apply for the benefits only when you qualify for the same.
Contents In This Article
- 0.1 What are the Benefits of the PFMS Scholarship?
- 0.2 What are the Qualification criteria for the PFMS Scholarship?
- 0.3 What is the Enlistment process under the PFMS Scholarship 2021?
- 0.4 How to know your PFMS Scholarship Payment Updates?
- 0.5 Method to Track NPS Payment Status Under PFMS
- 0.6 PFMS Scholarship Renewal Application
- 1 Conclusion